This week I am spending time in Atlanta, Georgia attending the ServiceUnites Conference. This is the largest conference I have attended in the past couple of years and just looking at the schedule is a little overwhelming. Even the line-up of speakers for the Opening Plenary is intimidating (plus being held in the Fox Theater!).
Each day, I will attend sessions to learn more about trends in volunteerism that I can bring back to my community.
Here are the titles of what I am attending:
- Creating Highly Effective Programs for Young People
- Engaging Millennials through Volunteerism
- 3D Service: The 3D’s to Engaging College Volunteers in Community Service
- How to Leverage Public-Private Partnerships by Engaging Youth in the Work of Educational Equity
- Transforming the Student Volunteer Experience: The Win-Win-Win of Professional Development Opportunities in our Performance-Based Era.
Which of these sound the most interesting to you?
I will work to share my notes and what I learn here on our Project Stella TRC Facebook Page.